Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Waikiki


So after a long plane ride (Chocolat was the in-flight movie), and only one person asking us, "You guys are on your honeymoon, aren't you?," we arrived in Honolulu, very jet-lagged and hungry. We checked into our hostel, which is actually a pretty neat place and in a perfect location right near the beach. We ran out into the city to grab some of the shittiest lasagna I've ever tasted and watch the prostitutes walk up and down the sidewalks. I must say, I have never seen prostitutes quite as beautiful as they are here. Only 10 PM and they, alongside their pimps, were not at all trying to be subtle. I hadn't heard anything about hookers in Honolulu, I'll have to look into this matter further.

We are heading to Waikiki beach in an hour, to chill on the sand and go in search of a fruity, alcoholic drink with some sort of paper umbrella or plastic monkey hanging on the rim.

Mahalo,
Jill

P.S. I don't even know what "mahalo" means yet.

2 comments:

Kelly Phillips said...

Everyone knows nothing but hookers stroll the streets of Honolulu, in fact I will give u the hawaiian translation of the city's. HOOKER and /or streetwalker. You thought you were going there to grow fruits however in fact you will be selling yours...and not in a hostel but a brothel. Happy Hooking!

Jeanna said...

Oh Jill, I am so envious of you. Living in Hawaii for the summer... and I can't even find a decent job! Oh well, that is life I guess. Riverbend is next week, that could be a source of some potential excitement.